Trainee Building Surveyor Back to list
Salary£27 -30,000 annual during training period.
My client, an insurance company, offers structural warranties to properties in the UK and Europe.
They are a leading provider for these services.
They have a network of Building Surveyors who are responsible for risk managing
and inspecting construction sites so that their clients can gain buildings insurance for their properties.
Młodszy Inspektor Nadzoru Budowlanego
They are looking for Trainee Risk Surveyors to be based all over the UK. The person will visit construction sites in their region and assess the progress of the build.
- Inspecting buildings being constructed and converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure the works are in line with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations;
- Recording inspection details on the database;
- Carry out assessments at the start and completion of projects so that you can predict issues;
- Keep in contact with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance;
- Graduate of construction / civil engineering / structural engineering - Inżynier Budownictwa
- Experience and knowledge of general building regulations and laws. (Dobra znajomość przepisów: Prawa budowlanego, Kodeksu postępowania administracyjnego oraz rozporządzeń związanych z ustawą Prawo budowlane)
- 2 years'+ experience working on building sites of commercial or domestic buildings e.g. as a Site Engineer.
- Strong desire to become a risk surveyor.
- Experience managing relationships with developers and builders
- Very good English
- Driving license
Preferable / Desirable
- A qualification in building inspections (Uprawienia Inspektora Nadzoru Budowlanego) or Structural Engineering - (uprawnienia budowlane w specjalności konstrukcyjno-budowlanej). This is NOT essential.
We offer:Training Provided
Candidates will spend the first 10 weeks of the job based at the head office, undertaking an intensive surveying course on construction sites based in the area. During this time, candidates will learn all about surveying procedures, technical standards and the role. After successful completion of the training, they will then spend 10-12 weeks training on the job in another location in the UK. We cannot confirm the exact location until after first 12 week training period. A majority of surveyors will be based in the south east in London or surrounding towns. If you have a particular preference we will try to accommodate you.Salary of £27,000 - £30,000 GBP gross annual is offered for the first 6 month training period. This is dependent on skills, qualifications and technical knowledge evidenced during the interview.
- Salaries after 6 months will be reviewed and there will be a possible increase of 10% based on performance. Then your salary will be reviewed on an annual basis.
- A private serviced apartment for a single person is provided for free for the employee for the first 10 weeks at HQ, for the second 10-12 week period accommodation is also provided for free.
- Additional Benefits (during the 6-month training period) -
- One way travel to the UK to start work.
- Accommodation and subsistence costs whilst training e.g. up to £25 per day for lunch and dinnre;
Following successful completion of their training period (subject to age and policy restrictions)
- Life Insurance;
- Company Pension;
- Private Medical Insurance;
- Permanent Health Insurance;
- Car allowance for employees 45p per mile tax free or car lease scheme approx £300 per month + 0.15p per mile if travel is over 10,000 miles annually if necessary.
- Training allowance to gain chartered engineer (uprawnienia budowlane) status in the UK with CABE.
Interviews are taking place in Warsaw on the 17th & 18th April, with a start date on 1st August 2018. Please note you would need to be available during these periods.
Before applying please ensure you are able and ready to relocate to the UK.
Please apply for this job if you meet the criteria.Apply here