Country Director – Advocacy / Communications
Europe Solutions UK Ltd
Location: Remote – Anywhere in Poland
Do you have experience in communications / PR in the Energy / Climate / Oil & Gas Sector, Agriculture or other Industry, or polticial campaigns or advocating for grassroots and national groups in Poland?
Do you want to create the national strategy for an organisation and leave a legacy of work in Poland?
My client is a non-profit and their mission is to build alternative long-term solutions to climate change by bringing civic society leaders and organisations together around common challenges. They encourage civic participation of everyone in society, in particular people with more traditional, conservative values who feel a deep attachment to place, to their traditions, to nature and to their family and nation. They believe that locally rooted civic associations are vital elements for building stable and successful solutions to preserve natural inheritance. Their mission is to reach a political consensus and empower everyone across society to work together to create healthier spaces where we live. They have long term funding in place to cover their growth. By building a common good and creating a consensus across the political spectrum you can counteract the polarisation and identity politics that affect this area.
The Country Director’s remit is to create a strategy, manage a team of campaign managers, and build the organisation and culture in Poland supported by our international teams.
We are looking for a leader that wants to achieve something in society and who has senior experience working in politics, public affairs and / or communications . You may have worked in any of the following – a communications / PR role for in a company, a political organisation at a local level, an NGO, governmental institution, a local government councillor (radny miasta / miejski / dzielnicy), a role in political strategy, advocacy, lobbying or campaigning for a think tank. You’ll be at ease engaging with and understanding the issues surrounding groups from different areas such as housing co-operatives, church groups, farming and mining communities, think tanks, government agencies etc. You will come with a track record of delivering campaign results, enacting change and be driven to see your own work create a real impact in the world.
- Build the organisation and culture in Poland.
- Develop national-level campaign strategies with measurable impacts e.g. analyse public polling information and research.
- Develop a political strategy and seek new opportunities.
- Build a communications strategy that works across digital, press and media.
- Synthesise and collate any existing public data. Offer new ideas and insights for further research.
- Lead on delivering campaign development strategies. Seek to build effective relationships with leaders, organisations, and the public.
- Direct and oversee organising & movement building. Manage partnerships with vendors, partners, and individuals.
- Team building / Office Management / Organisational leadership: Recruit and manage a team of passionate team members, including: campaign experts, communications specialists, advisors and partners.
- Fundraising: apply for local funds to strengthen the portfolio of existing partners and projects.
The job will be split roughly as per below –
Campaign Development / Management / Research / Movement Building 60% Leadership Office Management 35% Fundraising 5%
What we offer:
B2B rate – 55-75,000 Euro Gross Annual / 20,000-27,500 PLN Gross Monthly
Umowa o Pracy Possible
Remote and flexible working