The client - a long-established and widely-recognised supplier of polymers for the rotational moulding industry serving an international client base. They have seen record growth of 44% over the last 4 years and are an international company, currently operating from five manufacturing plants located in the UK, Poland, Australasia and Malaysia. Operating to exceptional standards of product development, technical support and commercial integrity, we are seen as the specialist supplier in the rotational moulding industry. With ambitious growth plans for the future, the commitment, drive and passion of their employees is key to their success.
The Quality Manager will be responsible for the day to day management and leadership of the newly created quality team within Matrix Polymers.
This is a key role within the Company with the primary objective of leading the design, development and commercialisation of new products within the Rotational
Moulding industry. This role is also responsible for Quality within both the Technical and Operations departments, taking full responsibility for the Quality Investigation team overseeing any investigations into Quality incidents and implementing any required measures.
- Lead, motivate, challenge and develop a team of specialised, technical professionals to ensure that individually and collectively they deliver the requirements of the Quality Department.
- Lead the Quality Investigation team by ensuring any quality incident is fully investigated and any preventive measures is fully implemented.
- Chair the monthly Quality meeting by providing the necessary support to make sure all KPI’s are met
- Provide monthly report to all stakeholders such as Sales, Operations and
- Provide support to Operations by making sure an adequate level of technology is implemented to maintain and enhance product quality
- Develop and tailor-make QC protocol and Quality procedures as required to make sure products so manufactured are kept in specification
- Be ultimately responsible for meeting product quality, cost, and on-time delivery thereby ensuring Customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that the physical facilities and equipment within the Technical department are maintained to meet the requirements of laboratory operations and fulfil the ISO 9001 standard across both manufacturing plants.
- Present the Company and deliver presentations at national and international conferences organised by local and global Industrial Associations as requested.
- Contribute to the preparation of the technical department budget and make sure that costs are kept within the parameters of this.
- Play a full and constructive role in the management of Matrix ensuring that open, co-operative and professional working practices are displayed and promoted.
- Work in conjunction with operations in relation to capital investment projects ensuring the investment meets the required quality standard
- Act responsibly in all matters of health and safety.
Essential Experience and Qualities:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop
and maintain productive working relationships
- Team Player (humble, people smart, hungry)
- Be able to perform under pressure
- Hands-on and problem solving attitude
- Strong working knowledge of polymers chemistry
- Proven Quality management experience and understanding of ISO 9001
- Demonstrable people management experience and proven ability to develop and motivate people.
- A confident and effective presenter
- Excellent written skills.
- Strong IT skills (MS Word, MS Excel)
- Ideally a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemistry or Polymer Science.
- PhD desirable but not essential.
- Quality Auditor.
- Mobility Requirements: (requirement for national/international travel, overseas assignments)
- This role is based in Poland with some travel within the EU and UK. Therefore, a clean driving licence is required.
- 10-12,000 PLN gross monthly
- Company car
- Training and development in the UK