The international multi-billion dollar Chinese food company is over 100 years old, and they're famous for their sauces. They are looking for their first business development person in Poland with experience with cooking. This is a great chance to be responsible for promoting this global brand of Chinese food in Poland, together with the main distributor and the UK marketing team.
The Sales Manager will develop sales and distribution of products in Poland and work closely with the established distributor to a focus on mainstream channels including food manufacturers e.g. ready meals. They will build relationships with local customers (2nd tier) to grow the business, promote the brand through various foodservice and retail channels in Poland. There is one mainstream distributor in Poland who is responsible for retail and foodservice channels. The main objective for the potential candidate would be to help develop the industrial side in Poland in (manufacturers of ready meals etc). It would suit someone with good connections with NPD chefs in various companies or who can develop these relationships quickly.
This is a great opportunity to be the first sales person in Poland for this multi-billion dollar 100 year old company. The brand is well known and has strong sales in Poland. This role will be managed from the European HQ in London. The line manager speaks Polish.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use network to establish brand awareness in the trade, , particularly foodservice & manufacturing.
- Represent the company in cooking demonstrations at trade and consumer shows and customer events.
- Identify business, sales and distribution opportunities to drive development and sales.
- Establish & maintain good relationships with distributors, wholesalers, retailers, and other trade partners.
- Work closely with the marketing team.
- Ensure continuous stock supply in all trade channels and healthy inventory level at distributors’ warehouse.
- Implement, analyse and evaluate results of trade and promotional programmes.
- With at least 3 to 4 years of sales experience in food industry perferably as a development chef or with distributor management, supply chain and trade marketing experience.
- Established network in the food sector,
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, sometimes on weekends, with travel in Poland.
- Highly motivated & self-driven with excellent social, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Chinese food lover and / or a keen cook and have a good knowledge of food production.
- Must have a full driving licence
Education & Experience:
- With at least 3 to 4 years of sales experience in FMCG industry, preferably with distributor management, supply chain and trade marketing experience.
- Permission to work in Poland.
- Established network and experience in the market with development chefs and their work.
- Must be prepared to work flexible hours, even on weekends, with frequent travel.
- Highly motivated and self-driven with excellent social, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Must be a team player and be ready to assist colleagues.
- Chinese food lover/keen cook and have good knowledge of the working kitchen in order to communicate effectively with customers
- Salary:12,000 PLN B2B contract + bonus.
- Car or car allowance.
- Training at the London office.